We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Despite several recall or withdrawal measures since December 2, 2017 following a risk of contamination of infant nutrition products with salmonella, retail brands, among others, were able to offer these products that had been manufactured by Lactalis. What to deal with this situation?
- December 21, 2017, theGroupe Lactalis has announced the recall of all its infant and nutritional products manufactured or packaged in the Craon plant in Mayenne, since February 15, 2017.
- As a reminder, in early December, following 35 cases of Salmonella contamination (Salmonella Agona strain) in infants, nearly 600 references of infant milks, manufactured by the Lactalis Nutrition Santé (LNS) group at the Craon site had already been withdrawn or recalled at the request of the Ministry of Economy and Finance. This concerned the brands Picot, Milumel and Carrefour (find the list here).
- Always as a precaution, have been added 720 additional lotsalthough no new cases of salmonellosis have been recorded. Based on the results of the analyzes carried out, the Lactalis group claims that a dispersed contamination has settled in the Craon plant following work done in the first half of 2017.
- This concerns the brands Picot, Milumel and Taranis (the list on the document here).
Instructions and alternatives for parents
- Salmonella agona contamination is not endangered to babies, but may cause symptoms of gastroenteritis with vomiting, sometimes bloody, and febrile diarrhea. If your baby has these disorders, contact the doctor as soon as possible and give him while waiting for a rehydration solution (available in pharmacies) to avoid any risk of dehydration.
- If you have boxes corresponding to the offending lots, the health authorities advise not to use them, whether new or already started. To avoid any risk of contamination, it is indeed imperative to change milk.
- "The French Society of Pediatrics (SFP) has made recommendations for substitutions in this sense, says the statement of the Ministry.If it is really impossible for parents to find one of the milk substitutes, the SFP offers them to prepare a bottle with the milk they have, then boil the milk for 2 minutes in a saucepan, let it cool and give it to their baby (s) while waiting to find an alternative ".
Two numbers of information
- To answer questions from young parents and to provide appropriate health recommendations, the Directorate General of Health has opened a telephone platform (0800 636 636), accessible 7 days a week from 9am to 7pm.
- For its part, Lactalis Nutrition Santé maintains its toll free number (0800 120 120). This phone platform designed to provide parents with answers on the recalled products is available continuously from Monday, December 11, 2017, from 9am to 20h.