Provence evokes sunny days and has pretty names! Looking for an inspiration for your pitchoune? Think of the names of the South. Fabian, Naïs, Alàri, Olivia, Matias: origin, meaning, date of celebration, derivatives ... all about these Provençal names.
Click on the picture above to see the names in pictures
- Male first name.
- Derived from Fabien, "faba", the bean. The word "fabian" once referred to famine.
- This name, rather rare, is mainly used in Occitania. A good idea if you are looking for an original name.
- His party : January 20 with St. Fabian, pope and martyr in the third century under the persecutions of the emperor Decius.
- Female first name.
- Diminutive Anaïs, itself Occitan form of Anne, the Hebrew "hannah", grace.
- The name Anaïs made its appearance in Provence and Catalonia in the middle of the 19th century. Today, there are many more little Anais than Anne. Naïs served as the title for a film by Marcel Pagnol (1945). This name can also be given to little boys.
- His party : July 26th.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8